Media and Technology Task Force
The Media and Technology Task Force addresses the impact of media and technology on women's lives through coalition building by collaborating with the leadership of women's organizations around the country.
12 Month Objectives:
- Monitoring legislation related to technology and government policies that affect women's lives
- Monitoring media practices and offering best practices for diversity and inclusiveness in media
- Building capacity by working with coalitions such as the Dignity and Diversity Coalition to increase NCWO member organizations awareness and ability to work with media and technology outlets to develop to best practices
- Working with the Domestic Priorities Task Force to coordinate efforts around the NCWO policy agenda
- Building capacity of women's organizations to utilize digital documentation of events, speeches and congressional briefings for media and public distribution
- Attending media and technology related events and activities and keeping the NCWO membership informed on issues as they occur
- Addressing the negative views of women portrayed in media and technology in particular towards women of color
- Technology literacy rates among women and children in poverty
- E-Government services that strip women of access to vital services and employment
- Conference call on the second Tuesday of every month at 3 p.m.
- Shireen Mitchell, Digital Sisters/Sistas Inc., Co-chair
Ariel Doughtery, Media Equity Collaborative, Co-chair