1225 Eye St., NW, Suite 1100, Washington, DC, 20005Phone: (202) 289-7319 | Fax: (202) 408-1851
Michael Barnes, President
Alicia Horton, Director of Community Mobilization
Type of Organization: National Policy/Research/Education
As part of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, the Million Mom March Chapters believe that:
- all Americans have the right to be safe from gun violence in their homes, neighborhoods, schools, and places of work and worship.
- all children have the right to grow up in environments free from the threat of gun violence.
- gun violence is a public health crisis that harms not only the physical, but also the spiritual, social, and economic health of our families and communities.
- the availability and lethality of guns make death or severe injury more likely in domestic violence, criminal activity, suicide attempts, and unintentional shootings.
- it is possible to reduce the number of deaths and injuries caused by gun violence with reasonable, common sense policy.
Empowerment, peace, public policy and violence